VuFind Discovery Software
VuFind is a collections discovery system that will allow you to offer your users an OPAC 2.0, providing access to all library collections through a dynamic web interface, becoming the perfect tool for your library.
What is VuFind?
VuFind is an open source tool for your library. It provides a unified OPAC 2.0 integrating all the library resources such as:
- Traditional OPAC records
- Digital library items
- Institutional repository resources
- Third party library collections and subscribed resources.
VuFind is completely modular, allowing you to use either a basic configuration or all the components. Given that is an open code software, it is possible to modify the modules to fully customize them to your needs or add new modules to broaden the resource offer. In addition, the software interface has translations in many languages, including Spanish.
"In Open Geek Service, we are specialists on the implementation of unified VuFind OPACs. In addition to being recognized as professional VuFind Support for Latin-America, we have a certified and multidisciplinary team to achieve the best integration of your collections with VuFind."
VuFind is smoothly integrated with several of the most important library management systems in the market (LMS or ILS) such as:
After VuFind is integrated with your library management system, it will users to browse, discover and filter the library resources; VuFind shows in real time the status of library items and allows to put holds, see users profiles and enhance social engagement.
VuFind allows interoperability with most of content and catalog databases providers, such as Primo Central, EbscoHost, Summon or WorldCat.
User oriented features
- DETAILED SEARCH RESULTS: VuFind allows users to narrow down search results by applying filters and using expanded faceting functionalities.
- ”MORE LIKE THIS" - RESOURCE SUGGESTIONS: When the users view a record they will be offered suggestions of resources that are similar to the resource they are currently viewing.
- ORGANIZED LISTS: Users have the ability to save resources from search result and from record view pages in their own organized lists. These lists can be retrieved at any moment and will always be there for users.
- BROWSING RESOURCES: The user can use the library catalog as a starting point to browse and explore all the resources that the library offers.
- AUTHOR BIOGRAPHIES: The user not only can see all the books an author has written and are available in the library but he also can access biographical information about the authors taken from Wikipedia.
- PERSISTENT URLs: Allows users to save their queries or records and have permanent access to bookmarked resources.
- INTERNATIONALIZATION: The interface has available translations to several languages including Portuguese, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish and more.
- ACCESS YOUR DATA: OPEN SEARCH, OAI, SOLAR: VuFind has many APIs to interact with the search, data and other features. Through an OAI server it allows to syndicate your library data records with other institutions.
VuFind: Social Features from Falvey Memorial Library on Vimeo.